Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Anxiety and the game of life.

My mom says she hates change.  My dad slowly has embraced it the past 5 years or so.  Ha, another proof that environment is stronger than genetics in personalities and attitudes.
Is the reason I'm looking for a new job after just 3+ years because I crave change so much?
Think about it:
  • I've owned, let's see (I have to count them up) eight cars now.  A couple of them were perfectly fine but I sold them off and got into something else, anyway.  I'm also always looking at what's out there for sale.
  • I have not eaten at the same place or even been to the same place or done the same thing with my gf since we met.
  • I routinely get rid of my phones before the "new in two" plan takes over.
  • Generally, I read part of a book or chapter before switching to work on another one, then I come back to it later.
  • I get bored so easily at some things (like my current job) but stay engaged in others just as easily.  What the hell?
Sometimes, though, continuity is good.  Why stop a good thing?

Anxiety.
I want out of my job badly.  Sooooo boring, I'm nothing but a paper pusher and I really have no desire to "try hard" and "move up" from this job.  So many folks here are content with pushing paper and just moving up the T-scale while having essentially the same job - I don't get it.  I was good at helping the international locations.  I was good at mentoring the young quality engineers.  Yet, they yank me from it and don't even offer the chance to interview.  Pretty bush league.  I don't really want to leave 3M, but I feel like I'm being pushed out the door.  I like my boss a TON, but I'll admit that when I leave, there will be some satisfaction in telling him that I'm leaving.  Gladly, I'll hand over my laptop, sign the paper work that I pledge never to share 3M secrets, roll my benefits over to the next company, and get going on a new stage in life!

Family.
Gotta go see mom.  Haven't talked to her in awhile.  The ranting really took the luster off the prospects of seeing this medal my gramps brought back from the Marines.  Question is, how do I communicate to her that I don't care about all the family squabbling and conspiracy theories on why/who/what took place between Jerome and Joanne?  Is there a way to do this without hurting feelings?  Methinks not.
I like Rachel, and of course the new Andy is probably an improvement as he seems more grounded and settled.  Not sure about this "you should be here" nonsense, though.  If they really gave two shits, I'd hear about stuff that people have planned.  Like my "birthday dinner" that was scheduled around their free time, not mine.  It was my birthday!  Another thing I have to talk with Mom about.  Things on the dad front are cool as usual, though, and big-T can do no wrong!

Friends.
What the fuck's up with this bachelor party?  Should I call Johnners or just say "fuck it" and let him do the legwork?  Since he excludes me due to that wife of his, I owe him no help in planning this thing.  Let him, er, uh, her do the planning and he can relay it to the rest of us.  It had better not be the night of the 15th, though, or Carolina will be pissed!  And rightfully so, I have her mother all nervous about making dinner for us that night and I can't cancel.  Worst case scenario, I'll meet up with them after the dinner ends.  Gotta go get fitted this week, though, maybe later today!

Life's game.
So, how to play this one, eh?  So many things going on at once in people's lives.  I'll admit that mis-communication is a constant and getting worse with a key person.  How do I break that down and figure this out?  Gawd, here I am, blogging while at work.  I have plenty to do, and could have more but I have no initiative.  Need.  New.  Job.  Now!!!!!

That's it and that's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment